Department of Education
To help simplify the college aid process and inspire lower-income students to attend college, T3 collaborated with Low & Associates to develop college.gov for the U.S. Department of Education in 2008. The groundbreaking site became the go-to place for potential college students and their families, using inspirational stories and videos to motivate and inform students who had not considered education beyond high school. The site hosts interactive tools and a robust Q&A section, and integrates a Facebook page and YouTube channel to extend its reach.
Department of Education: College.gov
“We’re not creating a website, we’re building a movement,” was our guiding philosophy for this collaboration with Crosby Marketing for the U.S. Department of Education.
The site’s mission is to inspire high school students that college is a possibility, regardless of family background or income. The creative wellspring was a simple, powerful two-word theme: “I’m going.” Real college students provide the inspiration in the form of video testimonials and dynamic user-generated content.
- Social, Web Architecture & Development
- Gold Communicator Award for Creative Excellence in the Government Category (2010)
- W3 Silver Award for Outstanding Website in the Government Category (2009)
- Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) Outstanding Website (2009)
- Direct Administration Site of the Week (2009)
- Computerworld Honors Program “Laureate” (2009)
- eSchool News Site of the Week (2008)